Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Some thoughts from previous instructors

Here are some "comments" to the recent article(s) I posted. Names have been left out due to "retribution"... (trust me... if you don't go along, you are blackballed). However... I do still slip under the radar on occasion and work for "The System" (as long as certain people don't get wind of it... ). There are still some really good instructors left down at AIT (and a couple of really bad ones but....). It's a shame how they've been treated and how they've got to keep their head down to keep it from being lop'd off.
It's really strange how most every company I have ever worked for (and moved on) has welcomed me back to work as a contractor.... except TMCC; and seemed generally happy that I had "improved" my situation. Go Figure.... 
Most of these guys would never set foot again on a TMCC campus (and I don't blame them)....  but I'd still like to see that mess straightened out and some "quality" training come out of there.... O'well.......   Note:  My reply is at the bottom.....

1) "Downsized a bit here in *****, but I am in the middle of building skill sets for techs, particularly as they relate to energy efficiency, renewable, HVAC, basic electrical, mechanical systems (as related to solar and geothermal power); I do not disagree a bit in your observation of the efforts we made at Edison to grow these fields; I have no idea what exists at Edison, as I never returned...and really don't plan to".

2) "I finally got around to emptying all my school files today and dumped them in the garbage can. the other day I started reading them and I can't believe the stupidity of the administrations from 1995-2005. what a bunch of dumb asses, and each administration was dumber than the one they replaced. I don't know who's in control now and I can't care less! life is good!"

3) "I know what you mean... conventional inductors like that seem to be getting more rare and much more expensive these days. Up until recently I still had keys and access to EDSN, but our "buddy" **** got bent out of shape when I started asking questions about how they picked the part time instructors for the ET 100 survey class and the PLC class this coming semester. Neither one has any experience, and they even had the gall to call me and ask for my syllabus, etc. to give the guy who will be doing ET 100! So, as of last week, I have no keys and am generally unwelcome at EDSN.
I have thought about buying a 1/2 page ad in the RGJ and making some serious stink about TMCC, and EDSN in particular - to let taxpayers and those who might be considering giving grants (like IGT) know about some of the waste and nonsense that goes on. If that happens I was thinking that you and *** might be interested in contributing your thoughts, and perhaps being quoted. **** does - and gets away with - pretty much whatever he wants, and the students suffer while he plays his petty games. Big fish in a small muddy pond".


Reply:
Well...
(an update... I'm still mad as hell and love poking a sharp stick at the tiger...)
Talked with **** the other day (he was **** replacement)...
Not sure if he's still working down there... But he's on their sh** list for "questioning" the qualifications of the IMT instructors...
NTT.... The co I work for, and who we bought those 4 big MC Panels from called me and said someone from TMCC called them and wanted to know just what the heck those panels were... (I believe he's the guy teaching the controls class).
Man.. I'd sure like to get someone's attention on that fiasco down there (you'd think maybe we could get an opinion from say GBC on their competency)...
I'd still like to see a separate technical college system...
I hear good things about the technical high-school... So... Maybe some day (after all....those kids will need some place to go)...
Cl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home